How can I pay my bill?
You have up to five payment options, depending on your country of residence. If you would like to view a full list by country and the working hours, click on the country of residence (listed on the left panel).
1. In person - Visit an American Express Office in the Middle East and North Africa. You can settle your bill by cash or local bank drawn Demand Drafts and Personal Cheques. Please ensure you have your Card and your Statement with you.
We have secured additional payment locations for your convenience:
- In Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Lebanon, Jordan, and Egypt you can make Card payments at the cashier counters of select banks.
- In Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman, Lebanon, Egypt, and the UAE, you can make Card payments online with select banks.
- In the UAE, you can make Card payments at any 141 ENOC and EPPCO petrol stations across the country or by depositing cash at any of Emirates NBD's Cash Deposit Machines.
You may view a full list of branches/locations by country by clicking on the country list on the left panel.
Please note: Cheques drawn on Iranian banks are not accepted at American Express offices or any of the locations listed for settlement of your monthly Card bill.
2. Direct Debit - This is one of the most convenient ways to pay your monthly bill. Enrol for Direct Debit and each month we will deduct either the minimum monthly payment or total amount from your nominated account; provided this service is available from your bank and country of residence.
3. By Post - Send us a local bank drawn cheque (along with the Payment Slip at the bottom of your Card Statement). Remember to write your Account Number on the front of your cheque and please allow a minimum of 7 working days for payment to reach us.
Send your cheque to:
AMEX (Middle East) B.S.C. (c)
PO Box 1446
Kingdom of Bahrain
- Do not send cash
- Please write your Account Number and address on the front of all cheque
- Do not post date your check. It will be deposited upon receipt
- Please prepare one cheque per account
- Do not staple, clip or tape your cheque to the envelope
- Insert payment in a stamped standard envelope
- Do not send correspondence to this payment address
4. By Wire Transfer - Please call the number on the back of your Card and one of our 24/7 Customer Services Agents will assist you with the necessary bank account information for paying through a wire transfer.
5. By Online Payment - You can settle your monthly bill by logging on to our Online Services here and following the simple steps to make the payment with your Debit Card from one of the partner banks of the Benefit Switch* or KNET.
*This payment option is currently available in Bahrain and Kuwait.
*There are online payment options currently available in Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Lebanon, Egypt, and the UAE, you can make Card payments online through partner banks. Click on the country list on the left panel for more details.
6. By Mobile App Payment - You can pay your American Express Card monthly bill with your Debit Card from one of the partner banks of the Benefit Switch* or KNET by logging on to American Express Mobile App on your AndroidTM or iOS device.
Download the American Express® App
Useful tips for settling your Card statements on time:
- If you have a Credit Card, settle your bill at least 2 days before the next due date, which is clearly shown on your statement every month.
- If you have a Charge Card, settle your bill immediately after your statement is generated.
- You can check your Account Balance and view your Card Statements online here to ensure that you make your monthly payments on time.
- Should you wish to settle your account by cheque, please ensure that the cheque is issued from a local bank in the Middle East.